An audit was carried out by AA Web Solutions for Johfrim Art & Design in October 2022, with the aim to analyse and improve the acccessibility of this website to WCAG 2.1 AA levels.
The main accessibility issues, found and then fixed, were the following:
- Main navigation bar had a colour contrast fail, making it difficult to see the text for some users. Colours were altered to fix this.
- Text colour contrast issues found in the footer area. Colours were adjusted to show up clearer for colourblind users.
- Alt descriptions were missing on several images where a description was necessary.
- H2, H3 headings were misused or skipped in some cases. These have now been fixed.
- Tabbed navigation was difficult, as there was no clear colour or border highlights, when navigating via keyboard only. An outline has now been added.
- A “Skip to Content” link was added, for keyboard only users. This allows them to avoid the navigation links, and go straight to the content.
To further improve the users experience, the “One Click Accessibility” plugin was installed, allowing the user to customise the website, with the following acessibility options:
- Greyscale all colours on the website.
- High and negative contrast.
- Light background.
- Underline all links.
- Change text to a more readable font.
Some pages have some minor layout problems, but we will improve these in the coming years.
If you have experienced an accessibility problem, when visiting this website, then please let us know, and we will see if we can fix or improve it?